Sunday, August 24, 2008

scary stuff...

When have you been the most afraid? I'm not talking about watching a horror movie or listening to a scary story. I'm talking about real, deep down fear.

If you would have asked me this when I was 10 I would have told you about the time that I got lost in my own little world trying to go up the down escalator in the mall and suddenly realized my mom was nowhere to be seen. I panicked, started crying, and never saw my mom watching me from the second floor, knowing that I had learned my lesson.

Now I would tell you about the time that I got woken up during a prank at camp. The programming staff, including my cousin Beth, videotaped people's reactions when they woke up to a six foot stuffed gingerbread doll dancing in their room. In my blurry (remember - no contacts in), dazed view I was convinced that there was a demon at my bedside. I sat up, started pointing at the gingerbread man and yelled, "No. No. Leave me alone. Leave me alone." It's all on video somewhere. In that moment I thought the demon was going to consume me. Later, I almost peed myself as I watched it.

Tell me about the time when you were most afraid. Maybe your moment was more real life than mine, or maybe you too created monsters in your own head.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...Oh Avink u crack me up...U are so funny...remember when you fell with the blue curtain sheet, and how you and the door met face to face?lololololol...your clumsiness will always be in my remembrance.