Tuesday, September 2, 2008

give me a glimpse

What is life like at home? I know all of your families - probably better than most teachers, but there is something about people's homes that only they can know, only they can understand. Give me a glimpse of your house on a normal weekday evening. Where is everyone? What are the lights like? What are the noises? Do you like it? Do you wish it was different?

Mike and I are sitting in our living room. He's grading; I'm - well right now I'm writing this blog. But usually I am reading about something online. Politics, cooking, my friends' pictures. We came in here to relax after we watered the garden and finished the dishes. Sounds exciting right?

I like the light in our living room at night. It makes the red walls kind of glow, and it feels warm. You can hear everyone outside. Some are talking as they walk past our house. A kid down the street is getting yelled at. I guess I'm just thankful that fireworks season has passed. They still make me jump sometimes.

No comments: